• TRAFFIC ALERT - LINWOOD AVE DETOUR - 5/20 - The Twp. of Washington Police Department would like to advise all residents that Linwood Ave. will be shut down in both direction begining Monday May 20, 2019 at 9:00 AM for approximately three (3) days. The police dept. will establish a detour directing westbound Linwood Ave. traffic onto southbound Highland Ave. Please allow additional time for your commute.
• KEEP YOUR CARS LOCKED - TAKE YOUR KEY FOBS OUT! - It is always important to remember to take precautions to stay safe. Here are some tips to prevent burglaries from the WTPD If you see something, SAY something!
• ASSEMBLYWOMAN HOLLY SCHEPISI "Office on the Road" Event - 5/22
A representative from the Assemblywoman's staff will be available on Wednesday, May 22nd at 1:00 PM in the Jack Woods Senior Center to answer questions and provide information on how your local State Legislative office can offer assistance. Questions? Please contat her office at 201-666-0881
• MEMORIAL DAY PARADE - The Annual Memorial Day Parade will take place on Monday, May 27 at 10:00 AM. Marchers will assemble at Clinton Ave at the corner of Washington Ave between 9:00 am - 9:30 am and will begin marching promptly at 10:00 am. Participants will proceed to Pascack Rd. and continue to march to the Twp. of Washington Memorial Monument in front of town hall. A Memorial Day service will be held at the monument at 11:00 am. This year's Grand Marshall is retired Senior Chief Petty Officer Jeffrey Siconolfi of the Township. Click here for his full bio.
• REMINDER TO RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS - Comply with Township Noise Ordinances. Click here to view all noise related code.
• PASCACK VALLEY JUNIOR POLICE ACADEMY-The Township of Washington / Westwood / Emerson Police Department’s Community Policing Units will conduct a JUNIOR POLICE ACADEMY for qualified boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 14. This 5-day program will be held at Westwood High School June 24 thru June 28. The daily schedule is from 8:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. Please click here for an application.
• SUMMER REC SIGN-UP - For those looking to sign their children up for our summer recreation program, please visit Community Pass (our on-line sports registration system) and our Recreation/Sports page for further information including fees, summer camp handbook & calendar.
• ROBO-CALL PREVENTION REMINDER - In an attempt to minimize the number of calls your receive, experts suggest placing your numbers - landline and cell phones - on the FTC Do Not Call list. Register by phone, 1-888-382-1222, or online at donotcall.gov Remember to remain vigilant when someone calls and asks for personal information, especially if you did not solicit the call.