• GOV MURPHY'S LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS ⇒
• LATEST MESSAGE FROM MAYOR CALAMARI ⇒
• BERGEN COUNTY EXEC TEDESCO UPDATES ⇒
NEWS & ALERTS
• NEW COMMUNITY ALERT SYSTEM ≈ NIXLE - Receive community information instantly! Sign up at Nixle.com today! It's quick, easy and secure. *Nixle replaces Swift Reach
• REMINDER - 1ST Quarter 2023 Property Taxes are DUE February 1, 2023. Interest will accrue back to February 1st on any first quarter payment received Friday, February 10, 2023. Pay taxes online here
• ELEVATOR OUT OF SERVICE - Please be advised the elevator in town hall is currently out of service. If you need assistance please call the department you wish to visit prior to arriving.
• SNOW & WINTER STORM REMINDERS - Visit here for winter storm reminders on parking bans, clearing cars, sidewalks & hydrants, checking on neighbors and warming center info. COLD WEATHER SAFETY TIPS - click here
• TREE VENDORS MUST BE REGISTERED TO WORK IN TOWNSHIP as per Ord. 22-18. Business owners, please visit here for a Tree Vendor Application.
• PSE&G NOTICE - We would like to let residents know PSEG has informed the Township of Washington they will be once again working again with us on their Gas System Modernization Program (GSMP). We will post more specifics prior to work beginning once a start date is confirmed. Please visit here for addiitonal information.
• WASHINGTON / PASCACK INTERSECTION - Expect delays & detours 1/30, 1/31 & 2/1 due to new traffic signal installation. Follow the Washington Township Police on FB & Twitter and subscribe to Nixle Alerts for up to the minute information regarding all things intersection and traffic on this project.
• COUNCIL MTG LIVE STREAM - To view the live stream, go to WCTVNJ here.
• ZONING BOARD MEETING FORMAT UPDATE - Starting December 20th at 7:30pm, all Zoning Board meetings will be held in a hybrid format. The public may join either virtually through Zoom or In-Person in Council Chambers at Town Hall. Please visit the Zoning Board’s webpage for Agenda, Link and Application information by clicking here.
• AIRCRAFT NOISE - TO FILE A COMPLAINT ELECTRONICALLY Click Here or call the Teterboro Noise Abatement Hotline: 800-225-1071 or 201-288-8828. Collectivitly the mayors of the Pascack Valley crafted, signed and submitted a letter to the Teterboro Airport Noise Abatement Advisory committee asking for relief and now representation on the committee to help combat the worsening aircraft noise issues after attending the PA's virtual meeting on 2/8/22. Click here to view the letter dated 2/15/22. UPDATE- October 2022 - the TANAAC Board voted unanimously to NOT grant the Pascack Valley Mayors group a seat on their board. The reason given was they would have to then accept requests from other mayors groups, even though their own charts and graphs show that the pascack valley is bearing the brunt of the flights approaching the apirport. We will contune to let our voices be heard.
• DROP BOX - our drop box is located outside of Town Hall for depositing all incoming mail, tax payments, fees & corrspondence. *No cash should be placed in the mailbox and all payments must be in a sealed envelope, addressed to the proper department and identified by address or block & lot. Pay taxes online here
• UPDATED 2022 ROAD PAVING PROGRAM - Click here
• PSE&G - visit here to download their app, call 1-800-436-7734 to report outages or downed power lines.
• PSE&G WARNS LEARN TO SPOT & STOP UTILITY CO SCAMS - visit here to learn more
• HEATING / COOLING CENTER - will be open during extreme temperatures from 12:00 - 7:00PM in the Senior Ctr. Before entering, stop at the Police Desk to sign in. Visit here for tips on preventing heat related illnesses.
• BE BEAR AWARE - What to do if you encounter a bear (and other wildlife) - visit here