• KEEP YOUR CARS LOCKED - TAKE YOUR KEY FOBS OUT! - It is always
important to remember to take precautions to stay safe. Here are some tips to prevent burglaries from the WTPD If you see something, SAY something!
• POLICE PROMOTIONS - Congratulations to Chief Richard Skinner and Captain John Calamari on their promotions! Please click here for a press release on this subject from the mayor.
.• SNOW REMINDERS - parking restrictions / shoveling sidewalks / digging out hydrants and checking on your elderly neighbors
• LEAF COLLECTION BEGINS 11/4 *During leaf collection season, the DMF yard will be closed Tuesday but remain open on Saturday. Click here for zone and schedule information. Please do not put leaves at the curb after 12/8.
• CLEAR CATCH BASINS OF LEAVES - we remind residents to help prevent flooding by clearing catch basins of leaves and debris.
• WOMAN'S CLUB HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING CONTEST
The judging will take place between Christmas and New Year's Day. The winner will be invited to the January 9th meetingat 1:00 p.m. in the Senior Center to receive a memento of the occasion.
• WTFD CHRISTMAS TREE SALE OPENS 11/29/19! Be sure to stop by and support our fire department who will be selling Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Roping, Grave Blankets and Crosses for all your holiday needs!
• ANNUAL PBA TOY DRIVE - 2019 If you wish to donate, NEW UNWRAPPED toys for children can be dropped off at the Township of Washington Police Department until 12/17/19. Donations also taken at the tree lighting ceremony!
• SANTA ON THE FIRETRUCK- 12/15 - Santa will be starting his visit to the Township at 1:00pm on Sunday, December 15th. He will cover both sides of town on this day.
• CHRISTMAS TREES will be picked up curbside begining January 7th and will last about 2 weeks. There is no set schedule pickup for the trees.
• PSE&G - To Lower Residential Gas bills This Fall- click here for press release
TOWN HALL HOURS - Please refer to each dept.'s page for hours.