UPDATES / NOTICES FROM THE TAX COLLECTOR:
9/20/21 - Property Tax Bills for the remaining quarters in the 2021 billing cycle (Q4 - due November, 1st, Q1 - due February, 1st, Q2 - due May,1st) are expected to be mailed early October. We will update you here if anything changes.
Homestead Benefit filing information was recently mailed from the State directly to eligible residents. If you requested the State email your information, you will receive it electronically.
Filing Deadline: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Eligible homeowners must file applications online or by phone.
The online application and the automated telephone filing system will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week during the filing period:
Homestead Benefit (for questions by homeowners):
• To file applications by phone: 1-877-658-2972
• To file applications online: nj.gov/taxation
• To ask questions: 1-888-238-1233
• In-person assistance at Taxation Regional Information Centers: nj.gov/treasury/taxation/contact.shtml
• Online information: nj.gov/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml
To be eligible, homeowners must meet the following conditions:
• Owned and occupied a home in New Jersey that was their principal residence on October 1, 2018;
• Had New Jersey gross income for 2018 that was not more than $150,000 for homeowners who were 65 or older, or disabled, and not more than $75,000 for homeowners who were under age 65 and not disabled. The income limits apply to a single individual, a married/civil union couple living in the same residence, and a married/civil union partner maintaining a residence separate from their spouse/civil union partner;
• The home was subject to local property taxes, and the 2018 property taxes were paid;
• Recipient’s permanent legal residence was in New Jersey.
Homeowners who have already sold the home that was their principal residence on
October 1, 2018, or who plan to sell should visit the Division’s website nj.gov/taxation and select Property Tax Relief Programs for additional guidance.
***Residents should not confuse the Homestead Benefit with the Senior Freeze. They are separate programs with different eligibility requirements, different applications, and different filing schedules***
2020 Senior Freeze booklets were mailed by the State between February 12 and March 5. We have a duplicate of the form from your booklet, which we will complete and mail to you upon request. Please call the Tax Office at 201-666-8797 for more information.