• KEEP YOUR CARS LOCKED - TAKE YOUR KEY FOBS OUT! - It is always
important to remember to take precautions to stay safe. Here are some tips to prevent burglaries from the WTPD If you see something, SAY something!
• COOLING CENTERS NOW OPEN IN BERGEN COUNTY
Due to extreme temperatures this week, Bergen County has opened numerous cooling centers throughout the area. Please click here for a listing and tips to avoid the heat. *Jack Woods Senior Center now open as cooling center.
• SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE - The Twp. Council of the Twp. of Washington will hold a Special Public Meeting on Monday, July 22, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The purpose of this meeting is to conduct the following business: ~Introduction of Bond Ordinance No. 19-17. Formal action related to the subject matter of the special meeting may or may not be taken with respect to these and other matters at this meeting. This meeting is open to the public, subject to the applicable provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act.
NEXT PAPER SHREDDING & E-RECYCLING EVENT will take place on: Saturday, July 20th 9:00 am–12:00 pm in the town hall parking lot.
• TOWN HALL SUMMER HOURS - New summer hours go into effect July 8th and run through Labor Day, Sept. 2nd. The new hours are as follows:
• Monday: 8:30 am to 7:30 pm
• Tues/Wed/Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30 pm
• Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
*New hours pertain specifically to the following departments: Clerk, Board of Health/Registrar, CFO, Tax Collector, Purchasing, Building, Planning/Zoning
• ADULT EXCERCISE PROGRAMS & MORE AVAILABLE AT THE LIBRARY
Check out the many programs offered at our library by clicking here in addition to our senior excercise classes offered weekly at the senior center.
• YOUR MVC IS COMING TO YOU! MOBILE DMV SITE LOCATIONS / DATES
Hackensack - 07/19
Mahwah - 08/07
Northvale - 09/12
The "Agency-on-wheels" offers Driver Licenses, Non-Driver ID cards, Registrations, License Plates, Disability / Veteran Placards, and Exam Permit Applications. Click each date above for a flyer with complete information.
• RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS - Please remember to comply with Township Noise Ordinances. Click here to view all noise related code.
• ROBO-CALL PREVENTION REMINDER - In an attempt to minimize the number of calls your receive, experts suggest placing your numbers - landline and cell phones - on the FTC Do Not Call list. Register by phone, 1-888-382-1222, or online at donotcall.gov Remember to remain vigilant when someone calls and asks for personal information, especially if you did not solicit the call.