CLOSURES & CANCELLATIONS: the following has been decided to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our area:
• MUNICIPAL BUILDING is NOW OPEN to the public. You may still reach all offices by phone and email and utilize the BLUE MAIL / DROP BOX (located outside the main entrance).
- Drop off of any necessary paperwork (i.e. permit applications, payments, tax payments, licenses, etc.) will be available through the blue mail / drop box outside. All items must be in a sealed envelope, addressed to the proper department. If you wish your tax bill to be stamped “PAID”, enclose the entire tax bill with your payment, in addition to a SELF-ADDRESSED/STAMPED ENVELOPE so we can mail it back to you. (Click here for quick department phone list if you need clarification)
• COURT - 6/09/20 - In response to the growing public health crisis in New Jersey involving the coronavirus, the Washington Township Municipal Court will start holding court sessions for those matters that are eligible to enter a plea by mail in lieu of a court appearance. We ask that if you have a pending court matter in the Municipal Court to contact the office so we may provide you with the specific details.We continue to be in the office daily to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Please call 201-664-2488, if no one answers, leave your name and number and we will return your call.
Defendants also may continue to make payments through the municipal court online payment system at NJMCDirect.com. Updated information about municipal court closures is available at njcourts.gov
• UPDATE ON TOWNSHIP LIBRARY The Library is now open. Please click here for further details including hours and restrictions.
• The Senior Center is CLOSED and senior recreation activities are canceled until further notice.
• All recreation sports are now opening - visit the recreation page for updates here
• TOWN PARKS - Parks and restrooms are open for recreational purposes. All facilities will be sanitized on a regular basis and social distancing and face coverings should be utilized. Playgrounds are OPEN and sanitized daily - click here for safety data.
••• IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT LEAD IN YOUR DRINKING WATER click here for a letter from SUEZ •••
- STATE & COUNTY PARKS / FORESTS RE-OPENED - Click here for the states facilities and here for all county facilities