CLOSURES & CANCELLATIONS: the following has been decided to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our area:
• MUNICIPAL BUILDING is CLOSED to the public however, you may reach all offices by phone and email. Please note, Township Offices and the DPW will be CLOSED to all employees on FRIDAYS
to further provide the building with a 3-day Cooling Off Period until further notice. All business will be conducted via telephone, email or United States Postal Service. In addition, we have added a BLUE MAIL / DROP BOX (located outside the main entrance).
- Drop off of any necessary paperwork (i.e. permit applications, payments, tax payments, licenses, etc.) will be available through the blue mail / drop box outside. All items must be in a sealed envelope, addressed to the proper department. If you wish your tax bill to be stamped “PAID”, enclose the entire tax bill with your payment, in addition to a SELF-ADDRESSED/STAMPED ENVELOPE so we can mail it back to you. (Click here for quick department phone list if you need clarification)
- The Borough will be erring on the side of caution by closing to the public and canceling all inspections until further notice.
- Inspections for the sale of residential homes and changes of tenancy are temporarily suspended until further notice. Please click here for more information.
• COURT - 6/09/20 - In response to the growing public health crisis in New Jersey involving the coronavirus, the Washington Township Municipal Court will start holding court sessions for those matters that are eligible to enter a plea by mail in lieu of a court appearance. We ask that if you have a pending court matter in the Municipal Court to contact the office so we may provide you with the specific details.We continue to be in the office daily to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Please call 201-664-2488, if no one answers, leave your name and number and we will return your call.
Defendants also may continue to make payments through the municipal court online payment system at NJMCDirect.com. Updated information about municipal court closures is available at njcourts.gov
• UPDATE ON TOWNSHIP LIBRARY The Library is has begun re-opening - Curbside pick up is available with new expanded hours. For residents who are homebound, delivery will be available. Please click here for further details.
• The Senior Center is CLOSED and senior recreation activities are canceled until further notice.
• All spring recreation sports are suspended until further notice - visit the recreation page for updates here - football and cheerleading taking registrations for purpose of collecting interest at this time.
• Summer Rec Camp is CANCELLED
• TOWN PARKS - Parks and restrooms are open for recreational purposes. All facilities will be sanitized on a regular basis and social distancing and face coverings should be utilized. Playgrounds are OPEN and sanitized daily - click here for safety data.
••• IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT LEAD IN YOUR DRINKING WATER click here for a letter from SUEZ •••
- STATE & COUNTY PARKS / FORESTS RE-OPENED (with limitations) - Click here for the states facilities and here for all county facilities to view the current status and any limitations.