• KEEP YOUR CARS LOCKED - TAKE YOUR KEY FOBS OUT! - It is always
important to remember to take precautions to stay safe. Here are some tips to prevent burglaries from the WTPD If you see something, SAY something!
• PAPER SHREDDING EVENT - A SHREDDING ONLY EVENT will take place on Saturday, October 12, 2019 in the Municipal Complex Parking Lot from 9:00 am–1:00 pm so bring all your papers to be shredded. As a reminder, No books, binder clips or three ring binders please.
• EMERGENCY PAVING - Begining on Wednesday, October 16th, Washington Ave. from Pascack Rd. to Colonial Boulevard will be milled, then paved on Friday, Oct.18th. The hours of construction are from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Washington Ave. will be closed to traffic during these two days so please plan an alternate route. For additional information, please click here for a notice from the police departments' traffic bureau.
• THE MVC IS COMING TO YOU! The next mobile DMV site location is on the following date: • Twp of Washington 10/16 -The "Agency-on-wheels" offers Driver Licenses, Non-Driver ID cards, Registrations, License Plates, Disability / Veteran Placards, and Exam Permit Applications. Motor Vehicle Inspections will be done at this location as well. Click the date above for a flyer with complete information.
• VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Please be advised that Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 is the last day to register to vote in the General Election, November 5th, 2019. The Borough Clerk's office will be open until 9:00 p.m. on that date for late night voter registration.
• COUNTY CLERK SATELLITE OFFICE BACK IN OCTOBER!
The Bergen County Clerk will be visiting to the Twp.of Washington on October 15, 16, & 17th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm to provide the following services to residents: Passport Applications, Senior & Veteran Photo Cards, Notary Oaths, and Business Trade Name Registration. Click here for further information.
• POLL WORKERS NEEDED - Be a Poll Worker in your town on Election Day November 5, 2019 5:30AM TO 8:30PM EARN $200.00 FOR THE DAY!
• Must be at least 18 years of age • Must be a Bergen County resident
• Must be registered to vote • Must attend a 2-hour training class
If interested, please reach out to the Bergen County Board of Elections at
201-336-6230 or email them here.
•TOWN HALL HOURS - Please refer to each department's page for hours.
• PSE&G - To Lower Residential Gas bills This Fall- click here for press release